Do you have a great idea for a town centre retail business or do you have an existing business which could grow further with a town centre presence?
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council is offering up to 10 local entrepreneurs the opportunity to test trade in Carrickfergus and Larne town centres for a two-week period during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Monday 12 November 2018 – Saturday 24 November 2018).
Shared pop-up shop space will be provided for up to 5 entrepreneurs in each location (including rent, rates, electric, heating, basic fit out and public indemnity insurance). Participants will also be supported through marketing of the trading event and 5 hours of mentoring tailored to individual needs delivered both during and after the event.
The ultimate aim of this programme is to create potential to reinvigorate the respective town centres with new entrepreneurial talent and innovative new business ideas. The test trade period is designed to provide an opportunity for participants to test the viability of their business (or proposed) business within a realistic town centre trading environment.
As a result, it is envisaged that potential participants are likely to be retailers or service providers which target the general public with their product/service offering.
The basic essential criteria is:
• You are a resident of Mid & East Antrim Borough.
• You will be available to take an active part in the programme throughout the trade period (Mon 12 November – Saturday 24 November, standard trading hours).
• You currently run a business (or have a business idea) which has not previously traded in a town centre retail premises but which you believe has potential to do so successfully.
• You hold a valid and appropriate insurance policy
• You have access to display stands for purposes of merchandising.
How to apply
Hardcopy application forms can be downloaded here and returned to Gail Kelly at Ecos Innovation Centre, Kernohans Lane, Broughshane Road, Ballymena BT43 7QA.
All completed applications must be received before 5pm on Friday 5 October 2018.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.